Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
• 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
• 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
• 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
• 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
• 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
• Chopped celery and additional crumbled blue cheese, optional
In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in wing sauce and spaghetti sauce. In a small bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. Spread 1 cup sauce onto the bottom of an oval 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles to fit), 1 cup sauce, a third of the peppers and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Top with celery and additional blue cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.