• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 2/3 cup water
• 1 envelope taco seasoning
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
• 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
• 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
• 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Place two tortillas in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.