• 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
• Nonstick cooking spray
• Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
• 1/4 cup marinara sauce
• 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
• 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
• Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
Spray both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the zucchini rounds (I used a grill pan set to medium-high) for 2 minutes on each side. Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet. Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese and pepperoni pieces, if desired. Broil for an additional 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, careful not to burn. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve warm.